Besides camping and hiking, photography is one of the most enjoyable ways I spend my time. Now- when I can combine an outdoor adventure with photography, it’s even better. Arizona has some of the most beautiful sunsets- and even more amazing when in the desert. So for those of you who like photography, I wanted to share some tips with you that have helped me the most.
- Use a Tripod- This guarantees a sharper image in the low light, and also helps you to focus on a subject that you want to shoot.
- Do not use the Flash (This artificial light does not look good).
- Try your best to include an object in the foreground to create a three dimensional image. This also makes the photography more interesting.
- Set your camera on manual focus. If you don’t do this- the background will be crisp but the foreground blurred.
- Similar to #4, you also want to set your camera to manual exposure. Take a meter reading (there is an app for this), with the sun near but not in the shot. Now- use this metered reading/setting to take the shot. This should keep your images from being too dark.
Have other suggestions you’d like to share on taking sunset shots? I would love to hear them! Please leave your comments below.