Summer Camp is an exciting option for both parents and kids. I know my kids love going to different camps during the summer.
Depending on the camp however- it can be expensive. I wanted to share some tips with you on how you could save money on summer camps. So the next time you look into a camp, review their website for the following cost savings- and then ASK about these various discounts.
- Get an Early Bird Discount: Camp Directors want to fill camp slots as soon as possible (so they get paid sooner). There are only a few months out of the year that Camp Directors can make money. Some camps may offer you a discount rate in exchange for an early registration. and sometimes pre-payment. So make sure you ask the Camp Director about Early Bird Specials.
- Sibling Discount: You may not see this advertised for a specific camp, but you might as well ask if you can get a discount if Jr. comes along as well.
- Group Discounts: Bringing a large group of kids vs. a couple could make a difference in the price as well. For Camp Directors -they maximize their time and money to have more kids. Ask to get a 10% discount if you are taking a large group.
- Camp Scholarships: Summer camp scholarship funds mainly fall into two different categories. There are summer camp funded scholarships and external, third party funded camp scholarships. For example, here is a scholarship for Camp Huawni. It doesn’t hurt to just ask if a scholarship is available at your chosen summer camp. For camps that are accredited with the ACA Camps, they can provide scholarships.
- Lock in Rates: Out of necessity, camps often raise their prices a little bit every year. Once you attend, ask if you can freeze your rates so you won’t pay the increased price the following year.
So here are 5 ways to look into getting a Discount or a Scholarship for your kids Summer Camp. Don’t let the expense stop you from giving your kids a great experience this Summer.
Know other ways to save money on Camp? I would love to hear your thoughts-please leave a comment below.