When it comes to camping stoves, there are a lot of choices. One of the best lightweight camping stoves is the Triton Coleman Gas Stove. This stove has many benefits and features that make it an excellent choice for those who want a solid product and want to save money. If you’ve never used this type of stove, then there will a small learning curve. This propane stove can do it all, when you take the time to cook on it.
Triton Coleman Gas Stove ($72.74)
This stove will make cooking in camp easier and is perfect for families who want to cook more than dehydrated meals while they are camping. On this two burner stove, it’s no problem to boil water on one side and make bacon and eggs on the other.
This stove is also a great choice for those who are not comfortable with using an ignition source (matches, lighters, etc). Weighing in at 11 lbs, it is a very manageable size and makes it easier to transport in your car and to store at home.
You will also save time with the clean up- the simple design and removable grill is easy to clean with hot soap and water.
Product Description & Features
- Wind block pan can be adjusted to block the wind- gives protection for 10 in and 12 in pans
- Has an Instastart push button
- Easy cleaning- chrome plated grate and rust resistant aluminum cooktop
- Dimensions: 23 x 5.9 x 14 inces; 6.5 lbs
- Adjust the burner for exact temperature control
- Matchless ignition technology uses an electric spark to light burners with the push of a button so there’s no need to pack matches or a lighter.
- The side panels shield the burners from the wind- and they can be adjusted to fit larger pans up to 12 in. For calm days, they can fold down.
- 22,000 total BTU of cooking power with 2 adjustable burners.
Overall, the ratings on this stove are pretty good. It has a 5 star rating of 61% and 4 star a 14% on Amazon.
Could be improved
One of the main downsides to this stove is the burner generates a lot of heat and it can be difficult to adjust the temperature to low. It can be difficult to control the know if you want to set the burner to a simmer. The starter button also has a tendency to get stuck. You need to be patient and use finesse when handling the controls.
Also, the stove does not have solid “legs” (metal) so it can easily be moved around. Of course with kids around camp, this is definitely something you need to consider! My recommendation is to buy some type of bumper for the bottom.
Overall, this is a great little camp stove that will serve it’s purpose in camp. For the price point, there are options available that you won’t find on others. Having great meals in camp can make the time memorable and special for your family.
My final recommendation is a definite- YES!