With an elevation of 8200 feet, this campground makes a great base camp for enjoying and exploring the Grand Canyon’s North Rim. Hike along the unpaved Transept Trail, that goes along the rim to the visitor center and lodge and also connects to the Bridle Trail. Take in a stunning views of the Transept Canyon from certain campsites.
Nearby there are restaurants, lodging, and service stations; the nearest fulls services (medical) are in Page and Kanab. Although less populated than the South Rim, please note this campground can get very full during the summer so be sure to book well in advance.
Need to Know
- 83 Tent and RV Sites (No hookups)
- $18-$25 per site per night.
- Dump station within campground
- Pets are allowed (but must be on a leash)
- Coin operated laundry & shower
- Campfire Rings with cooking grills
- Picnic Tables
- Drinking Water Spigots
From Jacob Lake on US 89A, go 43 miles South on Highway 67 to the North Rim Village in Grand Canyon National Park.
How to Book/Resources
Call 1-877-444-6777 or book online at rec.gov.
Open during the following:
- May 15, 2019 – October 31, 2019 (Peak Season)
- May 15, 2020 – October 31, 2020 (Peak Season)
Grand Canyon National Park, 928-638-7888, 1-800-365-CAMP, or visit website: www.nps.gov/glca